my quest to build a replica donkey kong arcade machine

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

T-molding

I installed the t-molding this weekend. I used white 3/4 inch t-molding that I bought on ebay.

I wrapped my rubber mallet in a plastic bag to prevent black marks from the mallet scuffing up my pretty white t-molding. Then I gently pounded the t-molding into the groove. That is, if you can gently "pound" anything.

When you get to some of the corners you need to cut small pieces out of the ribs to help the molding wrap properly, but there is a lot of room for error. Just don't slip with that knife and cut the molding or you'll have to start over.

I read a million posts and articles about t-molding. It is deceptively difficult but once it's on, it looks great and really starts to have that arcade feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment