my quest to build a replica donkey kong arcade machine

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Marquee bracket


Last night I got the marquee and the two marquee brackets in the mail from Mike’s Arcade. I thought it would be a fun and quick installation. I quickly cut two pieces of MDF for the marquee light holder and screwed them in with L brackets. Then I realized that I had no idea how to install the marquee.


I came up with four possible ways to install the marquee/bezel retainer. I searched the Interwebs for close-ups of the whole thing and determined that it was either #1 or #2 but then I had to make dinner for wifey so I gave up.

I post this as a cautionary tale: you can never predict the stupid little things that will drive you insane when you decide to build one of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment